Get together in stunningly rugged Omaui
Stunning yet rugged, and with numerous activity options, Omaui is the perfect location for your school or group visit.
The camp is on the Omaui headlands, on the south coast of Southland (approximately 30 minutes from Invercargill). Just a five minute walk to Omaui Reserve or the beach, there is plenty of space to explore, along with numerous activities onsite. Well set up for outdoor education and recreation, Omaui is the ideal spot for activities and adventure.
We welcome bookings from schools, community groups or organisations, corporates and private groups.
- 45 bed dorm-style accommodation
- Four private bedrooms
- Recreation room
- New ovens (gas)
- Updated bathrooms and showers
- Heat pumps in dorm rooms and main recreation area
- Newly built adventure-based learning and confidence activities, including a flying fox (instruction and safety manuals for each activity are available onsite)
- A covered bouldering wall
- Archery, cornhole, outdoor Connect 4 and other outdoor games
- Fire pit
- Five minute walk to Omaui Reserve
- Five minute walk to the beach
- Family friendly walking track nearby
- Mountain bike track – under development
$15 per person
Minimum charge $250 per day/night
All other bookings
$350 per day/night (less than 15 people)
$750 per day/night (15 to 45 people)
$500 bond required, payable in advance